Monday, September 28, 2009

Tweet

Note: This is an old post from my Multiply site last June 26, 2009.

First of all, you can follow me at Twitter: http://twitter.com/jeffdelprado

Wow! A very short introductory paragraph for me (er, that does not count as a paragraph). I guess this is the effect of tweeting the past few days. You read it right: I am now on Twitter. I normally do not like joining community groups and the like because I find few reasons or purposes in being part of which. I do not have a Friendster account because I did not like the idea of collecting friends and wasting precious time doing nothing but looking at other’s Friendster websites. Actually, Friendster has more functionalities now than it had when I decided to delete my account but I am not convinced to join it now that I have Multiply. As for Multiply, my friend, way back in college, had to enumerate the reasons as to why I should be part of it. For starters, you could upload pictures in it. You can upload music and videos as well. But I guess, the most significant aspect in my Multiply would be the journal part. You may ask me: why not settle for Blogspot? I want to use minimal sites as much as possible. I actually considered it because of various limitations in Multiply but I am too lazy to migrate to Blogspot.

Up to now, my friends are still urging me to join Facebook. It is actually a good fit for me because of the games it introduces but I have lots of games right now that I might not find time for that in Facebook.

But still, I joined Twitter. At first, I thought that I made the silliest decision with regard to community groups. I tried using Twitter and following other people. I was enticed to join this because ESPN columnists have been over-plugging the website. They use it a lot for rumors in the league and that was the primary reason why I joined Twitter. I added celebrities as quick as possible. I have few friends in there (and no friend of mine actually enticed me to join).

Celebrities tweet a lot everyday. Witty comments are the best. Because of that, I felt the urge to tweet as well. After all, I change my status message in Yahoo Messenger a lot. I have a habit of checking for the latest updates. I also love to write things about myself such as blogging but I cannot blog everyday. That was when I realized that Twitter was a perfect website for me. If I am lazy to write journal entries, I can just insert witty comments in Twitter. Short and effective. No need for the reader to endure reading my lengthy journal entries. The only problem is that, it is limited to 140 characters. Bloody hell! I do not want to taint my tweets with text message language. I have few Twitter followers at the moment but I do not care the same way if few people read my journal entries. I tweet or blog because I want to do it. It is my eros - my passion - so it does not matter if someone cares or not.

Since Twitter is limited to 140 characters, I will write on things that need more than 140 characters but I will try to make it as brief as possible for the rest of this journal entry.

Lakers win their 15th NBA Championship

Congratulations! It was a well-deserved victory for the Los Angeles Lakers. They showed that they are not just an entertaining team but a team with a championship poise and execution as well. It showed in Game 5 where they demolished the Magic. They did not want to prolong it and give the Magic a chance. I do not need to devote a whole journal entry for this even if I rooted for the Lakers to win because they are not my team after all. It’s still LeBron James’ Cleveland Cavaliers.

Do Not Drink A Beer That Has ‘Super Strong’ Printed On It If You Do Not Plan To Get Drunk

Title says it all. At the eve of my birthday, I was very glad at the sight of an imported beer in our dining room. I get to listen to the BS Report, munch a popcorn and drink a Germany-made beer. Cody’s has 8.9% alcohol volume. If you do not have an idea of how much that is, San Mig Light just has 5%. The beer can is twice the size of our beer cans and it was like sipping a bit of rubbing alcohol when I was drinking it. The beer is full yellow as well and the fact that it was not cold made the feeling worse after a few minutes of drinking it. It was worth it though because I seldom get tipsy these days.

Burn Bugsy Burn

Hard drinks again. Thanks to Jeb for treating me shots of Burn Bugsy Burn. Ever since I tried the Smoker’s Delight in Palawan, I have been craving for a fiery and smoky drink. Burn Bugsy Burn is the closest to it. Last week, I celebrated my advanced birthday party with my college friends in Uncle Moe’s along Julia Vargas Street and it was nice to talk to them about the old times. I am actually considering on writing a journal entry about college life especially given the fact that my college friends always talk about notable moments these days (i.e., “Help me Seniors!”). This would take a lot of reminiscing so I have to gain proper momentum and time for it.

Sue Bird on my Avatar

Last year, I put Becky Hammon in my YM Avatar. This year, it is time for me to put my other WNBA crush on my avatar – Sue Bird of the Seattle Storm. As most people do not give a damn about WNBA, I will introduce Sue to you. Sue Bird is the starting point guard of the Seattle Storm and was part of the USA Olympic Team last year. If I am not mistaken, she is the best passer these days. She just entered the pros in 2002 so I think she has a legitimate chance of getting the record in assists. By the way, she was the first overall draft pick at that time. In my opinion, she has the prettiest face in WNBA. You will notice that both Becky and Sue are point guards. Well, it’s just understandable because I think the prettier players would normally come from the petite positions because the others would be ‘muscular’ already.

Top Five NBA Franchises This Decade

After the Los Angeles Lakers bag the crown, the NBA 200X time window has been sealed. It is time to give the rankings this decade. Some may argue on this top five because teams like Miami and Boston were bottom dwellers in some parts of this decade but a championship is a championship. I would rather have a championship crown than decades of being a bridesmaid. Nobody remembers second placers.

1. Los Angeles Lakers (4 titles: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009)
2. San Antonio Spurs (3 titles: 2003, 2005, 2007)
3. Detroit Pistons (1 title: 2004)
4. Boston Celtics (1 title: 2008)
5. Miami Heat (1 title: 2006)

NBA Draft

The climax of my birthday happened at the early parts of it. I got to watch the NBA Draft 2009 in TV by 7:30 AM. This year’s draft class is considerably weak but it is still fun to speculate on how the draft went. I always take time looking for information on rookies during the entire NBA year so I have an idea of who should go first. Blake Griffin was a no-brainer. What struck me was the fact that Ricky Rubio fell to the fifth pick. Memphis passing up on it was understandable. But Oklahoma and Sacramento?! The trade that the T’Wolves had finally made sense. Nice steal. But they could have had another good pick at sixth if they chose Stephen Curry. Who did they choose? Another point guard. He is also a small player so I do not really know what is going in their minds then. There were some surprises well: Hansborough got picked before Lawson. DeJuan Blair fell to 37th. I was flustered when the Cavs had the chance to steal him at the 30th. But at least, Cleveland picked former UNC Tar Heel Danny Green.

That’s all for now. I may blog in the next few weeks as the UAAP season is about to begin. Have a nice weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment